Thursday, January 13, 2005

January 2005 Newsletter

January 2005 Newletter

This time of year is where I do two things. Look back and look forward. Maybe you do that as well. I can say that
2004 was the most difficult year I have experienced in my 41 years. We experienced intense physical pain (Ruth all
of 2004, Scott beginning in March through the end of the 2004 and Erin beginning in October with her disorder). We
experienced emotional pain as we watched each other suffer and as Ruth grieved the death of her father. We
experienced financial challenges monthly. My spiritual walk has been tested. At times my spiritual journey
challenged every fiber of my relationship with Christ. On New Year’s Eve I had walked out of my physiotherapists
office at 5:00 and cried all the way to my car and all the way home. I pleaded with God to change 20005 for the
better as I could not handle another 2004 in the upcoming year.

I look forward to 2005, I am excited and yet apprehensive. I desire for 2005 to be a year of physical healing for all of
us. I could say, ‘I can see the light at the end of the tunnel’, but I cannot. What I can say is that I need God to help
me to see through eyes of faith. I desire our financial burden to be lifted. I desire to do some of the little things for
my girls. I desire that needed increase in our monthly support. I am excited, God has supplied our need for a vehicle,
yesterday we were able to replace our car that died in 2004 with a car given to us by a supporter. Maybe we are
seeing the tide slowly turn. I want 2005 to deepen my walk with Christ. Jesus is my only hope for changing all the
turmoil in our lives.

As I look on 2004 from a ministry perspective I see two spectrums, incredible victories and incredible opposition.
Victories include: many people (about 60) coming to Christ in Montreal this summer, seeing my friends Jody and
Michelle come to Christ and then have Michelle’s four children give their lives to Christ, see children at the local
Indian reserves pray for forgiveness (about 20), see men at our local shelter praying for Christ’s forgiveness and being
able to be a blessing to so many especially during the Christmas season.

Opposition includes: challenges to our health, have one Indian reserve tell us before the summer that we were no
longer welcome as they didn’t want Christians around, then have a second reserve tell us after the summer that we
were not welcome as they did not want Christians influencing the reserve, have my good friend in street ministry fall
back into the drug scene for a time and lose his ministry, have a lack of staff to really move forward and have our COI
ministry founder and leader pass away on Oct. 31st.

I look forward to 2005 with great anticipation. I believe God is raising up new opportunities for us, on one particular
Indian reserve we are making an impact and we are going to have an influence again on one of the reserves that
asked us and other Christians to go away. I believe we are going to have a greater influence with international
students in our city. I believe we are going to see many people won to Christ this year through the short term mission
teams we bring in to Canada and send out from Canada. I believe God is going to raise up new staff that will help
here in Canada. I believe God is going to see us through.

I pray you have a blessed 2005. May He help you impact this world for Him.

Thank you for your faithful prayer during 2004. Prayer carried us during trying days. Thank you for your
financial support. We can only do what we do if we have financial support. Thank you, thank you!!

Our financial support is based on a September to August term. As of today, we have a commitment for 71% of our
needed support. We must raise $8,000 USD above our present commitments in order to meet the need. Support can
be sent to: Christian Outreach International, PO Box 2823, Vero Beach, FL 32961-2823. Please include a note
indicating the support is for Scott and Ruth Wood. If you know other who may have interest in joining our support
team, please have them contact us at 5506-454-9484, e-mail us, or go to our website at www.woodscott.blogspot.com
where we post information about ourselves and our ministry. We would love to hear from you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
i had no idea about chris and jack this past year... for what it is worth i want you to know that i have huge respect for you and your family... you never cease to amaze me with your faithfullness... seriously, i consider you a big time mentor for me and i appreciate all you've done and every time you've allowed yourself to be used in my life... i know that you would not expect it, but somehow, (not sure how) i will pay you guys back for all you've done... i really will... i love you guys... from another who had a tough '04, scottie

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home