Saturday, September 10, 2005

Getting dirty


As we traveled around Bayou La Batre we found one church that was making a huge impact. They had their entire parking lot was filled with clothes, water, food toiletries, diapers, etc... We stopped in and asked if we could help and went to work. At noon hundreds of families came in and sorted through clothes, and picked up their basis needs. We prayed with people, counseled people, cried with people and ministered to people. We invested four hours there and met some wonderful folks. We were so thankful to be used in that capacity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott -
Wow, I had no idea you would be updating this frequently. Therefore, I have just today read your whole site. Scott, it makes me just want to cry for these people. And it makes me excited to come down and be with you. What an opportunity! I can't wait to talk with you when you get home. God bless. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Love ya brother. . . .

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott: Just read your entire site. Thanks for the update. I wept as I read about your pain and the pain of the family. I still believe that God has something good in store for you, the family and your ministry. Keep looking up! I have held you, Tom and the people ot the Gulf Coast in my prayers all week. In His name, Jean

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home