Saturday, September 17, 2005

Unrelenting pain

It is amazing to me that I can go away and do ministry, hold babies, lift boxes and be on the go for 18 hours a day and feel less pain than I do when I am doing office work or teaching.
How does this happen? I have no answer. Maybe it is adrenaline. Maybe I am operating on supernatural strength.
Despite the pain we have had a great week of MTP training. I am blessed to be able to impart my passion for missions and the lost to our students. I enjoy the prep and digging into the word.
Soon we will be on our way to the gulf. What a great place to teach. I can talk about compassion for people and meeting peoples needs but now we get to do it hands on. We get to feel peoples pain.
I know my unrelenting pain is physical but I am reminded daily of the emotional and mental pain so many are in. People are also in spiritual pain that is relentless. I try to "cover" my pain by taking prescribed medication. Others "cover" their pain with drugs, alcohol, shopping, abusive behaviors, food and other types of "medication".
Is this a fair statement to make? Feedback?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fair statement. I know in my own life I 'cover up' with different things. Can't wait to see ya Scott. I need to talk with someone who understands me :)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home