Thursday, February 01, 2007

Waiting on the Lord

I have been at home this morning praying and asking God to move mightily in a number of situations. I will tell you that I have days when I feel overwhelmed with the challenges before me and at other times I am overwhelmed with the presence of God.
Today I experienced both. As I kneeled on the floor before the Lord I was overcome with emotion at my true need for the power of God to move in a number of areas of my life. I poured out my heart to Him. After nearly an hour I felt a peace of God come to my rescue. His Word spoke to me.
One of the Words I feel He spoke to me was rest. I am in such a need for that. I do not mean do nothing, I mean rest. Rest in Him and think on Him.
I began to do this and God began to remind me of His faithfulness over the years. I needed that. I am carrying some very heavy burdens and I know that I need to find my "rest" in Him.
Please pray for our family and the ministry I am involved in. It would be easier to give up but I am trusting in the Lord's help!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord is so faithful, Scott.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home