Thursday, September 22, 2005

Leaving on Monday

We will be leaving for the gulf coast on Monday and it looks like a new wave of destruction is going to hit the area. My heart truly goes out to the people who are facing very unsettling times.
I must say that I am feeling glued to Fox News as I watch "Rita". I cannot imagine, or maybe a better way to say it would be that I do not want to think about the devastation that will be added on to that area.
Over the last few weeks I have talked to a number of people in the gulf area. One particular church in Beaumont, Texas has been doing hurricane relief in to New Orleans and surrounding areas on a daily basis. Now they are right in the target area and they could lose everything. Now it is time for others to help them.
One of my concerns is that with Rita now arriving their will be less people who will be able to help the other areas already hit. There is and will continue to be a tremendous need in these areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home