Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Life changing experience

As I consider where I will be traveling tomorrow, I have mixed emotions. I am glad to be able to go and see how we as a ministry can go and make a difference in the ravaged gulf area. I am looking forward to helping people who have lost so much and meeting others who have a heart to minister to people.
At the same time I am feeling overwhelmed with the devastation I may see and more importantly feel. I want to be changed and I have a feeling I will never see things again like I do now. I want to be changed and have a new appreciation for my family and for my friends and my church. I want to get the big picture of what God is able to do both through trials and victories.
I look forward to keeping in touch with you and sharing some of my thoughts and experiences. I hope to be a vessel used by God.
Please pray for my family as I am away from them. I pray that God will raise up people to minister to them as well. Pray for me that God would protect and guide our footsteps and that we would be used by Him. I ask as well for prayer for my pain as once again I step out and trust the Lord for His strength.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
I really admire what your doing and will be praying for you and the family

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you know how much I was and am encouraged through your ministering despite your pain. I think of the apolstle Paul and the thorn in his side, thinking of both you and myself. My pain is lower back, as opposed to your upper back and neck but almost as constant. You remind me that's not an excuse not to serve. I hope and pray that the people you'll minister to this week will be able to receive that as well. Take care, you know you're in God's hands.
janet

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home