Saturday, October 29, 2005

Future of the gulf coast

"A reminder of what I left behind"
As I have returned home and have had time to process what I have experienced over the last month or so, I have come to some conclusions:
1. There are many desperate and hopeless people facing the holiday seasons.
2. The days are getting colder, yes colder, in the south.
3. People living in vans and tents are going to be very cold overnight.
4. Too many peoeple are living in dangerous homes, full of toxic mold as they have no where else to live.
5. There are not nearly enough people in the region to help.
6. The church (the body of Christ) has a responsibility to go and help, not just send money.
7. People are blessed by the COI teams.
8. The needs change on a weekly basis, if not day to day.
9. People in the south are very friendly and welcoming.
10. I cannot walk away from there and will return there shortly.
11. God is in control, is concerned and has compassion for the situation.
12. My pain is diminished when I can focus on the needs of others.
13. I love blessing other people and showing them the love of Christ in what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home