Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Out of sight...out of mind


I talked with some people today that were well intentioned but poorly informed. One lady said to me. "It is good to see you again. They must have things pretty well cleaned up in the gulf by now? Right?"
Another lady said, "Were you in New Orleans? They had a lot of problems there? Did they have any damage in Mississippi?"
I know it is not their fault that they do not know the situation. I began to think that maybe they represent a greater cross section of people than I thought. My prayer is that through this blog and talking to others that we can let people know the reality.
I had a pastor write me today to tell me that he had decided against coming to the gulf because he thought things were getting much better. After reading the blog he is reconsidering and hopes to bring a team to the gulf.
Please help me out by talking to others about the need in the gulf and the work of COI. I am going to do my best to ensure that it is not really a case of "Out of sight...out of mind"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home