Friday, February 02, 2007

Comprehending the reality

I am watching the pictures flash accross the internet and television of the devestating tornadoes that have hit central Florida. I can tell you from my experience working in post hurricane Katrina, that the pictures give only a small glimpse into what the true reality is.

When the reality of a situation becomes "real", perspectives change. People do things differently. They think differently.

I think that the message of the gospel needs to be put into proper perspective as well. The reality is, people need Jesus. He is alive. He cares. He is not someone who heaps condemnation on people. He died for them.

Why are people not able to see what Christianity is truly about? Maybe because they have only seen it from a distance. They think they know what it is like. Maybe the church has not been true to the true nature of Christ. Maybe the church is seen as dead, uncaring, condemning and unconcerned.

As I watch the pictures and listen to the stories being told I can't help but think that this is another wonderful opportuntity for the "church...the body of Christ", to come to life, The body of Christ is alive!!! The body of Christ is caring!!! The body of Christ is accepting!!! The body of Christ is concerned!!!

WE ARE THE BODY!!! I can guarantee you that the church will provide a leading role in the recovery. I saw it in the gulf, I expect to see it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home