Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The real Jesus

Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking. I know that can be a good thing or a bad thing if we are focusing on positive or negative things. But this time it is good!!!

I hear many people, whether it be on television or the radio, listening to peoples conversations, or reading books that talk about this person, Jesus. I often have to shake me head in amazement and wonder, are you talking about the same Jesus that I know? Because many times it sure doesn't seem like they are.

Recently on a local radio station a "pastor/minister", I use that term loosely here, was asked the question: Who is Jesus? Seemed like a fair question to ask a person in ministry, but her response sent a cold chill through me. Her response was this: Jesus is not who we make him out to be. He was not some supernatural healer, he was not some great miracle worker. He was just a peasant boy who people made up great stories about and tried to make him into some person he is not. He is not anyone special, only what people have made him out to be.

I may not have the quote word for word but that was certainly the message she was sharing. My thought was how can you be a person who shepherds people and not tell them the truth about who Jesus is? I was greatly offended by her rhetoric.

A wonderful song is being played on the airways these days by an amazingly talented and God focused group called "Downhere". They have a song called "The Real Jesus". As I have listened to the words over and over it inspires me to really search out and share with others who "the real Jesus" is. So if you would like to join me as I pen this study over the next few weeks, please do.

I will be doing a study based on the book of Luke found in God's Word and interweaving the truth and questions generated by the Downhere song. I would love to have your feedback as well.

I know the real Jesus. He is my strength, He is my joy, He is my peace, He is my healer. He is my Lord and Savior!!!

Here is a link to the song and you can find it on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwPcL1AXxE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home