Friday, June 27, 2008

God's Providential leading

I love it when the Hand of God leads us to where He desires for us to be. Today was another one of those spectacular days to see God at work. Actually the story starts back about 7 weeks before.

A very bad flood came to my hometown of Fredericton, NB. When the flood came an organization came to offer flood relief, the SP team. Along with SP team came another group called the Rapid Response Team, who serve as chaplains in crisis situations. I had the privilege of being able to work with both and also to be accepted as a chaplain with the RR Team.

Now I find myself in the midwest, doing disaster relief set up. After making a phone call I found out that the SP team is set up here also just an hour from where we are staying. The RR Team is also on their way here next week too. So I now have instant rapport with them in order to partner with them.

Yesterday we spent the day in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The devastation is immense. It brought back memories for me of the Gulf Coast and Katrina. It is not near as bad, but make no mistake it is terrible. The streets are lined with debris and the smell of devastation is in the air.

House is laying upside down on the road with the Cedar river behind it.

We drove down one street close to the river and for some reason(I would say God's leading) we moved off that street to one that was a block further away from the river as we drove down this street we saw even more tragedy.

In front of one of the houses was an older lady, working through the debris left in front of her home. We stopped and talked with Sam. Sam is suffering from the crisis. As we were sharing with Sam she said this, "Today I was feeling all alone and I asked God to send me someone to help me and talk to me today." Well here we were lead by God to talk to Sam and talk and pray with her. God is good!!!


Sam is in the middle, as we shared with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home