Friday, September 30, 2005

Beginning to serve



Many of you have probably been wondering if we are ever going to keep up this blog. I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to also as where we are staying does not have internet access. Tonight I found a Starbucks that has a wi-fi zone so things are improving.
We arrived safely in Mobile on Wednesday morning and began to visit work sites right away. One thing really saddened me and that was how little change appeared to have happened since my last visit three weeks earlier. I know many people are helping but the needs are still so overwhelming.
Our first mission team arrived at 5:00 am on Thursday morning and by 8:30 we were out making a difference. Our first assignment was to load a truck with clothes and shoes to be delivered to those in need. It was great to serve in a capacity where you do not meet the recipient, but the Lord does know the ones who will receive these items by name.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Starbucks w/ wifi zones and mission teams! I'm praying for you.
-Amber

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home