Thursday, September 22, 2005

Fear can act like a shipwreck


Have you ever met people that live their lives in fear? Fear of failure, fear of flying, fear of their needs not being met, fear to go places that may be challenging?

As I look around I see people operating in fear.
I am living in Canada and I see people in chaos acting on rumors. They hear the price of gas might go up so they form long lines and act like we will never be able to get gas again. You can see the panic in their eyes.
Another person stops following God's calling because he fears whether or not God can provide for his need. They are tossed about like a ship in the hurricane.
Still another person won't get involved in missions because they have a fear of flying. In fact they discourage others from missions based on their fear.
I am not saying we should be careless, not at all. I believe we need to put our faith in God and trust Him that He truly is sovereign.
Thoughts...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for those thoughts, Scott. I am very fearful of a lot of things in the future right now, but daily I am seeking the Lord and trusting that he will provide my needs.
-Amber

1:45 AM  
Blogger Scottie said...

hey scott,

i have to admit that there has been some kind of fear gripping me today... i too have been overwhelmed with fox news and cnn as i watch the destruction in the gulf coast and the fear for me is that i believe that i am to do something, yet i do not see the details and that freaks me out... i don't know when scott, but i have to go down and "do something"... hopefully you get what i am saying here... i am at my mom's in maine and to be honest i do not want to go home to Grand Manan, but i want to go south for a time, but... just stuff... this battle hit me today... let me know what you thing mr. wood... i need some wisdom here...

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home