Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Iraq soldiers

We arrived at the Bangor International Airport, checked in and went upstairs. As I sat upstairs and looked around I realized I was in the presence of about 200 young men dressed in fatigues, they were soldiers on their way to Iraq. What I really took notice of was how young they looked. Many looked like they had just finished high school, others did not look old enough to have graduated.
What a sacrifice these young men are making. They have given their lives to a cause. Some will possibly lose their lives. To me they still looked amazingly happy. People walked up to them and told them how much they appreciated them and wished them well.

I am sure that over the next few days I will see many soldiers as they try to help rebuild their own country after the hurricanes and flood waters. I am looking forward to being a help as well.
I too feel like a soldier, this one for Christ. I want to go and serve people who are in tremendous need. I want to pray with them and talk with them and show them that Christ cares. I have given my life to a cause as well. I want to see people live both physically and spiritually.
Please pray for me as I determine how we as a ministry can best send our short term mission troops into battle over the next few weeks and months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home