Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Amazing provision

What an amazing weekend we had. Our teams came in and were such a blessing. We had opportunities to serve at a Thanksgiving dinner for people in Bayou La Batre, AL and bless some weary people.
One of our teams was a skilled labor team. We kept them busy. They laid 3/4" plywood throughout one home as well as insulated it and began to hang sheetrock. The next two days were spent roofing two different homes in Pascagoula, MS and BLB, AL. The people were so blessed to receive the help of COI.
Our other team were true servants as well. They spent most of their time helping us at Robin's house (she is the lady who couldn't remember how to give us directions on how to get to her home). We stripped her home down to the studs and washed and bleached down every piece of hardwood flooring she had in her home as we took it out. When we lifted out her flooring we discovered that the sub-floor was rotting away in many places and that we had to remove this also.
We felt the next step to do was to purchase some 3/4" plywood to replace the sub-floor we had to remove. We went to the store to purchase the materials and I realized I did not have my COI credit card with me. I felt the Lord "nudge my heart and mind" to put the purchase on my own credit card, and that he would supply the cost of the purchase. The cost was 342.00.

When I returned back to Robin's to work I was met by one of our short term staff who was returning home early. Her church had given her some money to use in the gulf and she gave me what was left to use for "whatever we needed". She was unaware of what I had just done. She gave me about 130.00. Now I was 212.00 away from God meeting this need.

Just after this staff member left for home a couple drove into Robin's driveway. They indicated that they were from South Carolina and had come down for a day to do something for those affected by Katrina. They shared that they saw us working earlier in the day as they drove by and asked if they could help us out for a few hours in the afternoon. They asked questions like, "How long have you been here, Where are you from?" etc... Then they went to work.
I began to talk more about what we were doing and about how God had blessed us since we came to the gulf area. They were such a caring couple who have been through hurricanres themselves in Charleston. During our conversation the couple asked if there was any materials we needed or tools. I shared that we did. I did not tell him what I had just done and how much I still needed. The gentleman then reached into his wallet and handed me 220.00 to be used for whatever materials we needed. Amazing isn't it? Exactly what we needed.
The next day the couple came by again and presented me with 200.00 worth of Lowes gift certificates to purchase other things we need here. What is most amazing to me is this: The man shared with me that he is an atheist. They are wanting to help and make a difference. They got involved.
God continues on a daily basis to show His hand of leading. I can see God so clearly as He provides for His work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scottie said...

amazing scott... it would be hard to believe if i was not there myself to experience it... awesome God...

thanks for a great week... our group was changed and Lord willing, you will have to deal with us again... God did some serious heart changing amongst our group... all glory to him...

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home