Thursday, November 03, 2005

Missions minded church...what is it?

It has been an encouraging day as a number of people I have heard from have shared how their teams were blessed to serve with our ministry and how it has impacted their team members.
I also received an email from a lady who has family in the gulf coast, thanking us for our service to so many people.
I was out for a hot chocolate with a friend today and he asked me the question, "How do you take a church that thinks they are mission minded and help them to become mission minded?" What an interesting question. What a thought provoking question. Maybe the bigger question is "what does a mission minded church look like"?
I would love to hear from you. What do you think? What determines whether a church is missions minded? Can a church be mission minded and rarely have people going on mission trips?
I hope it makes you think. I know it makes me think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

A missions-minded church is a church that has missions on its mind. ... That looks obvious now that I type it, but I think it's true: Missions-minded churches are churches that focus on the world outside their walls and outside their culture, and consider what they can do to help, whether it be "going" or "sending". Okay, this isn't profound; I'm just thinking...

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that REALLY makes you think. I think a mission-minded church is a church that would put others around the world before itself. A.K.A. it would send resources/ people elsewhere before trying to physically build up their own church - before this they would have to have good biblical foundations, but if they have money that they could send elsewhere or spend on expanding their church building- they would choose to send it to those who really need it.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home