Thursday, July 13, 2006

Power of prayer...miracle

Yesterday I received an email from a friend of mine in college sharing a need for prayer for his father who was going into surgery for major heart surgery. My friend was experiencing some very anxious moments. I took the opportunity to call him and pray with him.
One of the areas I felt to pray for was a supernatural peace from the Lord. That is what God did. In fact, Len shared that he finally felt that peace as I was praying. God moved in response to prayer, powerful.
Well this morning I got another email from Len and here is what he shared:

Well God has been good!!! We went to the hospital yesterday and he went in to get his Heart Catheterization (his first step before surgery, they monitor where your blood is going and what its doing). After checking out his the reports from the tests, the doctor determined that the operation was a no go! The entire tests they had run weeks before is now showing up negative. The doctors are baffled and said that they can’t explain why his heart is doing so well, or why there is no blockage or leaks. They even checked his liver to make sure that something wasn’t funky there and that came back good. All that they could say was go home and get some rest, and watch your blood pressure. Other than that you should be fine.

Thanks for all of your prayers!! I have no other explanation but God!! LEN

I hope that this will encourage you that God is still in the miracle working business.
I would ask you to join me in praying for a miracle in my family, our finances and our health. Also a good friend of ours and one of our supporters for the past nine years is on a ventilator and is very sick and in a battle for his life. Please remember Bernie and his wife Bonnie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - thanks for the call today. Very encouraging to hear what God is doing all around. Still praying for you...and I will remember Bernie as well.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home