Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Believing the lie Part 13

"My son, the father said, 'you are always with me and everything I have is yours.' (15.31) This is in contrast to the son saying "you never gave me anything."(5.29)

What a reminder for us. "Everything I have is yours." Christ has given it all to us. We just need to accept it. Love is mine. Peace is mine. Freedom is mine. Forgivness is mine. I have to believe it and receive it. If we know the truth,the truth will set us free.

Understanding the truth about God and his heart is essential. He is always with us. He never walks away from us. Why then do we believe the lies? What lies are we accepting as truth?

Here are some common lies we accept as truth: If we walk with God we will never go through trials. Lie!!! God doesn't care about me. Lie!!! I could never be forgiven for doing( you fill in the blank) Lie!!! Hell does not exist. Lie!!! All roads lead to God. Lie!!! If I am a good person and give to the poor I will go to heaven. Lie!!!

In reality there is truth. All people will go through trials. God does care. God does forgive us when we ask. Hell is real. There is one way to God, through Christ. A relationship with Christ and experiencing his forgiveness is the way to heaven.

We need to listen to the father and his Words. His Words are true!!! Don't believe the lies!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home