Thursday, December 08, 2005

Actions and not words

After my challenge to invest some time talking or sharing with someone who has a "profile", God let me have the opportunity to do more than talk but to put these words into action.
As we drove to Pascagoula we saw a man standing at the street corner with a sign that read, "Homeless and Hungry, Please Help!!! I stopped our van and got out and talked to this weary traveler. He has been living on the streets now for a couple of months. He was not greedy or rude. He was a hurting, lonely man.
After a few minutes of talking we were able to give him the sandwich meat, cheese, mustard and mayonaisse we had brought with us for our lunch. We gave him some water and encouraged him that God loved Him. He talked about God with us. As we left his words to us were, "God Bless you".
As I write this it causes tears to flow down my face. Why? Because I am more blesed to be able to meet the needs of this desperate man, than he was to receive it.
I love how God allows us opportunites to live out what we say. He puts us to the test to see who if we are all talk or serious about what we say and put it into action.
Which one are you? Which one am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home