Sunday, December 04, 2005

Movies and kids

I must say I have enjoyed spending some time at home and hanging out with my kids. I confess to you the biggest challenge in ministering in the south is not having my family beside me.
Ryne and I went to a movie on Friday, "Aeon Flex" I think it was called. It was not necessarily my favorite type of movie, but I did want to spend some time with my son. After the movie we had a good chance to talk about life. Ryne shared with me that life has a completely different perspective and that he is happy to be through the high school years and all the pressure it brings. He talked like an adult and I was happy to hear how well he is doing.
Last night the girls asked me to watch a DVD with them. It was a movie with the script being close to "Columbine" and the tragedy there. After the DVD we had a great discussion about how difficult the teen years are and how there is so much pressure to look and act a certain way. They also shared how they were beginning to really see and understand what is important in life.
I am very proud of my kids and how they have battled through adversity and continue to do so. God is teaching me so much about how important it is to love your children unconditionally. It takes more than words, it takes an investment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I am so glad that you are getting to spend good time with your kids, and I'm definitely jealous because I miss your girls. :(

10:09 PM  
Blogger Scottie said...

good words scott... i am glad you were able to invest... i look forward to the day when i can do the same...

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home