Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Exhausted and overwhelmed

It has been some time since I last posted but I am going to get back to doing it. It has been a very crazy last three weeks. Let me try and summarize this time.
On the 22nd of February I returned to the gulf coast in order to relocate our base, to be close to the action, so to speak. God was so faithful in helping with the transition. As you can imagine, moving is not usually a fun experience but we made it through. We saw Gods favor wherever we went. We were clearly led to Bayou La Batre to set up our base.
We completed the move the end of February and then had just a few days before two teams from Canada arrived to assist in the recovery effort. It was so wonderful to have friendly faces come to help out. But it was a chaotic week. If it could go wrong it did!!! I wont go into details but it meant long hours and little sleep. Thank God for His strength and for my staff.
I flew back home on the 9th of March and had a team from Ontario arrive in Fredericton just a couple of days later. They were a great group of people who came to share Christ with people and they did. We saw one person come to Christ and two university students also showed interest in finding out more about God. In fact one of them came to church with me on Sunday night.
The reality is for me that I have been so busy that I need some down time. I need to invest in my family and put them on the front burner. I would ask for prayer for my family as we move forward. We have lots to catch up on.
We all continue to battle physically and I am feeling the weight of these issues. We are struggling financially. For instance just before heading to the gulf I had a car repair bill of $1300 and while I was away we needed to spend another $400 on the same vehicle. It was money we do not have.
Please pray for us as we keep trusting God for miracles in our family. No one ever said life would be easy, but the Bible does remind me that God is our strength and our hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey & Bethany said...

Scott, you truly inspire me. Your focus in the fire convicts me.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home