Friday, January 27, 2006

Pastors plea for help


I was driving in the car yesterday when I received a phone call from a pastor in Biloxi, MS., reminding me of his situation and his immediate needs. Pastor Tran and his wife, pastor what used to be the Vietnamese Baptist church in Biloxi. It was destroyed in Katrina and we have helped to clear their lot with many of our teams. They lost their home and a vehicle. On top of all that most of their congrgation lost their homes and have had to move from the area.
Therefore there are very few people in the congregation and the base of those able to tithe has dropped substantially. Pastor Tran has shared his need for their day to day needs as they are unable to receive a salary from the church.

There are many Vietnamese in this area. It is my understanding that close to 80 Vietnamese people lost their lives in this area surrounding the church.

My desire is to help pastor Tran in any way I can. I want to see his church rebuilt. I want to see the Vietnamese people have a place to worship together again in East Biloxi. I would ask that you lift Pastor Tran and his wife before the Lord. They are carrying a tremendous burden.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, We will lift Pastor Tran and his family and the people in that area in prayer. Thank you for sharing this need. Suzette Sand

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott: I am giving the Trans and their congregation to our Intercessory Prayer Group. You may recall that our Manasquan Pres. team helped clear the church pad last October so we know first-hand how bad it was.

I suspect that besides prayers they are looking for something more tangible. In that regard please let me know.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott: Four of us at Manasquan Pres. are thinking of coming back the 1st week of April.If we can put it together, would that work for you?

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home