Thursday, January 12, 2006

The widows (childs) mite

Last night I had the opportunity to speak to a local youth group about our ministry in the gulf coast. I shared that there is still such a need for so many people. I talked about some of the people we have met. I tried to paint a picture of what our city would look like if "Katrina" had come our way. I was not sure how well I was able to communicate with those who were very young.
As I was standing in the foyer after my time of sharing, one of the young girls, age 12, came by. I thought she was hoping to talk with another person I was talking with. She said she wanted to talk with me.
She said that she liked what we were doing and wanted to know if I would be at church on Sunday morning. I said I would. She then said I want to give you $40.00 to help with what you are doing. Her Dad stood behind her as she shared this with me and I could see the joy on his face. I knew that this young lady was sacrificing some of her own money. I believe this young lady has a heart for missions. Who knows but someday this young lady may become a missionary herself.
We can all make a difference. God loves the heart of a cheerful giver. I know that there is such joy in giving to the work of the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home