Monday, March 27, 2006

Pride.... what and why

I was recently meeting with a counselor who shared something very interesting with me. He said that Christians are often the last people to use a counselor because they are worried what other people would say if they knew that person was in counseling. Isn't that interesting?
He shared that the reason people do not want to admit their need for help is because of pride, and yet the Bible says that pride comes before one falls. The truth is as Christians we often face circumstances where we do need help.
I have met so many people in the gulf who were in need of counsel for many reasons. I have met many people in the last few years of ministry who I have counseled with and who required counsel well beyond what I could offer. Today, I find myself in that same position. In need of counseling.
It has been such a challenge to deal with all of the challenges our family has faced over the last few years. I have realized that pride has stopped me from seeking the help I and we need to put into perspective all we are dealing with.
I would ask for your prayers as we begin the process of counseling as we try and find ways to better communicate and cope with our pain on many levels.
Maybe you are like me and your pride has stopped you from getting the counsel you need. I encourage you to move beyond this and begin the process of receiving help from those qualified to give it.
Comments...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. What a timely post. I am currently in the middle of an e-mail to you...to ask for your counsel. I love Scott...thanks for sharing and you'll be in my prayers!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family is most definitely in my prayers. I am anticipating the awesome things that God is going to do with this.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for having the courage to go for help and to share with us. Bill says, and I second him, we love you and you're in our prayers. Check your email.....we have more to share.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home