Monday, October 30, 2006

Prodigal series conclusion Part 15

What does a prodigal look like? You and I.
How old are they? Any age.
What economic background do they come from? Rich, poor and in between.
What do their families look like? Christain and non Christian.
In other words we pass by prodigals every day.

I was talking with a lady yesterday about her daughter who is so far from God. She is searching for answers but looking in all the wrong places. My advice, love her unconditionally, just like the father.

I think the challenge for many of us, is to love the prodigal unconditionally and at the same time not condone the action. I may be wrong but I think that if we love the person the way we need to and live a life that honors God, the prodigal will know that their action is not condoned.

I feel like we need to consistently bring the prodigals before the Lord and let Him bring the conviction. Most often when we approach the prodigal and confront them with their action they do not feel conviction but condemnation. This is not our heart but it is what is felt.

I have a good friend who has consistently messed up for the four years I have known him. He has a heart to serve God and certainly good intentions. He has called me often over these years and I have tried to listen and offer advice as he asks for it. I may have had opinions about things over the years but unless he has asked for my input, I have not offered it. Instead I have tried to encourage him and listen.

Yesterday I was talking with him and he shared that he has drawn the line. He knows he needs to stop his destructive behavior and he is going to. No more running, no more pretending, just stopping.

He thanked me for my friendship over the years. He shared that he never felt condemned when we talked and that he knew he could always share what was going on in his life. I am excited for what God has been doing in his life and what wonderful things God has planned. Another prodigal is on his way home.

If you are praying for a prodigal in your life lets believe together for a miracle of God.

Tomorrow I am going to start a new series. I hope you will check it out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I am praying for the prodigal that is in my life. I am asking God for a miracle too. Your series has helped me focus on God and trust Him with the outcome.

John O

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home