Thursday, February 08, 2007

Another open door

Yesterday morning during my quiet time I received a phone call from Cathy, a lady in our church. She was making a hot meal and wanted to deliver it to the family we are helping on the reserve. Cathy was taking the gifts she has and using them for God to bless others.

In the afternoon I met Cathy and we delivered the meal to the family. They were so greatful. Cathy was able to stay and visit for an hour or so which was so nice. She was told that she could come back and visit any time.

As Cathy was sharing I asked the family about the possibility of starting a home group at their home. This is the same home that has no running water and not much furniture. The answer was yes, we should start a once a week sharing time and study time in their home. I hope to have this up and running in the next two weeks.

It seems that whenever I visit a family on the reserve that others are visiting and once again this was the situation as two extended family members were visiting. I see this as God opening new doors to share in. I always take the time to pray before leaving and I did so again. I believe that the power of prayer can truly change things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home