Sunday, January 20, 2013

What does an orphan feel?

I had a conversation recently with a little guy who is nine years old. In our chat he shared with me how he felt after having both his mom and dad walk out of his life. He was very expressive. His words were:
           "I am so mad. I am mad because my dad and mom don't ever talk to me, they never check                                                               to see how I am doing, they never think of me and they don't care about me."

This is one emotion that could be expressed by an orphaned child. Other emotions might be despair, fear, hatred, sadness and pain just to name a few. That is not to say that there are not moments of joy that can come during the day or times when they are truly thankful.

I think it is so important that we understand the heart and the hurt of the orphaned child/teen. It is equally important to understand the heart of God towards the orphaned children of the world.
 Psalm 68:5  God in His holy house is a father to those who have no father

The heart of God is to protect and defend the fatherless. If we want to make a difference in the lives of these children, we must also be their protector and defend their cause.


Lord give me and others your heart for the children in need of love and acceptance and care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home