Saturday, December 24, 2005

Family time

Last night was special. Ruth and I had the opportunity to go out for dinner with my brother and his wife (who now live in British Columbia) and my sister and her husband (they live in Fredericton). It was nice to sit around the table as family. It made me desire to have many more times like this. Unfortunately we have very few opportunites as my brother and I live on opposite ends of Canada.
Ruth and I then headed for the dreaded mall to do some last minute shopping. It was wonderful to do something together. Yes we were both in physical pain but at least we were in pain together. Sounds weird to say that.
Today is the day to get presents wrapped, go to the Christmas eve service, and get ready for our trip "up river" tomorrow. Christmas day we will spend time with Ruth's family. Boxing day, the 26th we will spend time with my family. I am praying for strength for both of these family days so we can truly enjoy them.
Our son Ryne is coming over today and stay with us overnight. It will be nice to have all of our family together under one roof and open our gifts together in the morning.
I really dislike certain aspects of Christmas, especially the focus on spending lots of money. But I really do enjoy the time where we can focus on family.
To all of you, may this time of celebration with family and freinds be blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello s.d.w.,

After reading your blog "Family time", I believe you will find my site on parenting teenager to be very helpful.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home