Sunday, December 25, 2005

Incredible day

I know our kids are growing up. No more rising out of bed at 6:00 or earlier to open presents. Today we slept in til 9:30 and then got up and opened presents. It was so relaxed and fun.
Also the kinds of gifts has changed. No toys and games, instead more clothes, books, CD's and DVD's.
The afternoon had us driving to Ruth's sisters for a family dinner. All of Ruth's family was there. I looked around and saw how blessed I was to be at a family meal/gathering where we were all together.
At the same time a good friend of mine celebrated Christmas by himself, well not really. He cooked a turkey and shared it at home with Jesus. He called me this morning to share how he was spending today at home, just he and God. He invited Christ to be his guest and welcomed Him into his home. He even put out a place setting for Jesus.
This may sound trivial but I did not miss the point. My friend recognized that we are never alone and he wanted to be sure to think about Jesus this season and this day in particular. It will certainly be a Christmas he remembers.
Thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - glad you had a good time with your family. I miss the three women in your life! I was thinking a lot about them this month.

Christmas with Jesus. What an awesome, unforgettable time, I'm sure!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Scottie said...

good imagery... sometimes i guess it is necessary to visually remind ourselves that we are not alone... there have been times that i have felt pretty alone, but that is a good reminder... thanks for sharing scott... seriously...

oh yeah, we need to get in touch... i got some news for ya... i will email soon...

blessings,

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home