Thursday, March 30, 2006

Miracles do happen...don't they?

I must confess, I am a news and sports junkie. The reason I enjoy them is because they are unpredictable. I have seen miracles take place in both of them lately.
I have been following the story of Jill Carroll who was taken hostage in Iraq. Her family went through days of despair and hopelessness and prayed for a miracle. I am sure Jill did as well. Today she has been set free. Her family received a miracle against all odds.
I love to watch "March Madness". All of the 64 teams invited to the season ending tournament to determine a national championship have the dream of winning. Yet here we are at the end of the tournament with only 4 teams left. One of those teams is George Mason University who were not considered to win. In fact 40 other teams in the tourney were ranked higher. If they can win twice more they will have overcome all the odds and be the national champs. That would be a miracle.
I don't know about you but sometimes it seems the miracles happen to someone else. I can focus on all the things that seem to big to oversome. Or I can focus on the miracles I have seen God do in my life in the past and is still able to do.
The scripture tells me nothing is impossible for God and that gives me hope. Lord knows that we need a miracle in so many areas.
Please pray for Ruth's brother Deverne as he has gone in for surgery this morning and continue to lift my brother in law Tim as he is having surgery on his second detached retina in the last eight weeks.
To quote Al Michaels of ABC sports, "Do you believe in miracles, YES!!!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - Dahn(or is it Dhan?) is having babies??? Wait....I thought she never got out of the house! And Chip is the only...yikes! OK, nevermind. Let me know what happens and tell Erin that I'm sure the babies will be adorable ;)

George Mason. Totally messed up my bracket! Grrrr....but I have to cheer them on simply because of the ODDS of it all. Maybe they'll take the whole shootin-shebang...that would be crazy! They already knocked out my 'winner' (UConn) so I wouldn't mind if they win ;)

Miracles. Like the Israelites...completely forgetting what God had done in their lives as soon as something bad hit. May we remember....God is faithful.

Love you guys!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has been showing me lately that the same spirit that was in Jesus is also in us... that being said miracles do still happen and will continue... i am doing my best to understand/live it, but it is so easy to get in the way... just to be transparent, i am trusting that God is going to heal Kirsten of whatever is attacking her... that same thing can, actually will happen with you and your family too... i know it sounds trivial to just say that it will, but i have no other choice to believe that the same spirit who was in Jesus healed all who came to him can and will do it in us if we approach Him unreserved and expectant... Scott, i love you, amy, erin, ruth and ryne as if you were my own flesh and blood and am praying that the miracle working God will continue to do HIS work in your lives... be blessed today in HIS presence...

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home