Friday, September 08, 2006

Surgery done

I had surgery this past Tuesday on my shoulder. My surgeon told me in pre op that she was not confident she would be able to see anyhting she could repair. I told her that I hoped she would see something. In just a few minutes I was wheeled into the OR and the surgery began. The next thing I remember is waking up in the post op recovery room. It was a bit confusing at first but then I got my bearings.
My surgeon then came in and told me what she found. Apparently I have a partially torn rotator cuff, a partially torn labrum, and some stuff floating around that is not supposed to be there. I am not sure exactly what she was able to "fix" as I have a meeting with her next Friday to discuss things.
I guess until I talk with her I am unsure what my prognosis will be. I know I am sore but I cannot differentiate what is pain and what is post surgery soreness.
I am hoping that I will be able to get back to a "normal" life whatever that means. There is lots that needs to be done in many areas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talitha said...

Scott....I hope something was concluded with this surgery! Keep us updated with how you're doing....love ya Sir....

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home