Tuesday, October 31, 2006

God's timing

Yesterday afternoon we met again with Susan, the lady who called me last week. She had some good news to share. She had taken the initiative and called our local detox and they were readmitting her this morning, Tuesday.

We did some basic counseling and she was able to express her greatest concerns. Outside of the emotional challenges and physical challenges she would be facing as she entered detox, her greatest need was for people to pray for her as she entered rehab. I assured her I would have people praying for her physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

This morning I was able to meet her at detox as she checked herself in. She had a tremendous peace that I had not seen in her our previous two meetings. I had printed out some scripture for her to take in with her that talked about God's peace, presence and love for her. I also shared the words found in Joshua to be "strong and courageous."

These next 72 hours are crucial for Susan. She is not allowed to make phone calls until that time to let others know how she is doing. It is her and God. This will be a defining moment in her life. Please join with me in praying for this prodigal daughter as she continues her journey to freedom and life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home