Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Saulis family

I have been sharing with you about the family in our area that have been living in some pretty challenging situations. They have been living without running water, indoor plumbing, and we have just recently finished installing their electrical.

This is the wonderful couple, Labell and Loretta. They said this is the first picture taken of them in years. I thought they looked pretty good.
Please pray for Loretta as she goes to the doctor, she is very concerned about the possibility of having cancer. She comes from a family that has this history and she has been having serious discomfort/pain in her body. She is hoping to have a mammogram right away. I visited with the family this morning and Loretta felt to share this prayer need with me, which I am passing on to you.

This is their kitchen, you can see the insulation which is covered by the plastic. Their sink is one removed from an old mobile trailer.
If you have ever been around people that will inspire you these people will. I never hear them complain, I only hear of how God is all they need and how He is their source of hope.

A praise note to report is that we were able to have a business in town donate some lumber so that Labell can now frame in the windows for their home. At this point they have no windows installed in the home but they do have windows that they can put in now that we have the 2x6's to work with.

I hope this helps you to be able to put a face to the situation I have been sharing. Please lift up this couple along with their sons Winton and Curtis before the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home