Friday, June 01, 2007

Risk taking teens


Last night we were together again for our home cell group on the first nation. It was and is such a blessing. We were blessed to have two new teenagers join us for the first time. It was an answer to prayer for me as well as their parents.

One of the teens became our scripture reader. He was excited to read the Word and it was possibly the first time he had read God's Word. Awesome!!!

Both of the boys participated throughout our time together and both of them said they enjoyed what we did. I have been asking them to join us for a number of weeks and they finally took a risk and came out.

Risk is something that people often try to stay away from. Teens are often risk takers. At times they are negative: drugs, alcohol, sex, wreckless driving, violence etc... At times they are positive: trying out for a sports or drama team, singing, applying for a job, going to church or standing up for what is right. We need to encourage our teens to take positive risks.

At the end of our service, I took a risk. I went around to each of the six people including the teens and layed hands on them and prayed for them. I felt it was a positive risk I needed to take. I believe that God wants to and is doing some new and exciting things amongst us. I am blessed to be able to minister with my first nation friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home