Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Trigger Points and Pottery

An updated picture of me from the meetings in Florida
Jeremiah 18:6 "Like clay in the hands of a potter, so are you in my hands."

I start back today with my therapist who treated me last year. He does a technique called trigger point therapy. This is basically how it works. John my therapist finds points in my shoulder and neck that he identifies as trigger points. When he pushes on them it causes very direct and sharp pain. He pushes hard for a number of seconds until the pain backs off and then releases. He then goes back to the same spot a few seconds later and repeats the process. He does this until the pain is not produced in the location.

There are times when he can't push deep enough using his hands. He then gets out a special "tool" (it is like the tool doctors use to check your reflexes) and really digs in. It really is not a pleasant experience. But, if he can hit on that trigger point enough and go deep the healing will come. That is what I am trusting for as I begin to allow him to work on me again.

Our spiritual lives are very much the same. First I must choose to let the Holy Spirit really go to work in my life. Sometimes we have to go through some very painful things in order to get healing. There are times when the Holy Spirit needs to go deep and we just want Him to go shallow.

Here's the real application as I see it. We need to put our lives into the hands of the master, the potter. He wants to mold us, challenge as and go deep with us. In His hands there is real safety and best of all healing. My therapist wants to help me find healing through the work of his hands. My Jesus wants you and I to find healing through the work of His hands. GO DEEP!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home