Saturday, May 26, 2007

Next generation...a reflection of us




Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Today is both an exciting and sad day. Why? My son, Ryne, is headed out for three months to work at a summer camp in Georgia. He is so excited to get invloved in hands on ministry.

When I think about Ryne and his journey I can clearly see people who have had an impact on him. One person is Mike. Mike has truly invested in Ryne and discipled him over the past year. Another person is Emily, my sons fiancee. She has such a heart for children and making a difference in their lives.

I have to evaluate what kind of an impact I am having on other people. It is easy to become focused on things that are really unimportant. The most important things we can focus on are God, family and others. We are given the privilege of walking on this earth to impact others.

The next generation is one I need to have influence over. I need to invest in them, befreind them and teach them. I need to disciple them.

I will miss my son not being around this summer but I am so excited to see how much he has grown this year and to hear about the lives he now will impact. It is an honor to release my son into ministry and to know that God is going to use him.

Update: My son will not be in Georgia this summer as he was denied entrence into the US. Makes you wonder who they let in and don't let in. Bizarre!!! I know God has something else planned for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home