Thursday, April 20, 2006

Update on gulf coast

Many have asked when I will return to the gulf coast and be a part of the rebuilding. The answer is I am unsure. I am involved on a daily basis in our work by working with the teams going as well as giving direction to our staff presently there.
I have been very blessed to see the wonderful things being done though the COI ministry in Alabama and Mississippi. We continue to help people rebuild, by putting roofs on homes, hanging sheetrock, painting and other manual tasks.
Kids ministry continues to be a high priority fo us. We are working towards building relationships with parents and children.
Hurricane season is only about six weeks away and this has the people in the gulf very uneasy. Sadly they go into this season very unprepared. So many homes and schools and communities are not close to being back to "normal". It saddens me to think what might happen if another "Katrina" visits the coastal region.

Personally next week is a big week. I see the surgeon on Monday and I am hoping that we can move forward towards a more aggressive approach. Possibly surgery or at least a cortisone shot.
Financially we are in need of new supporters. Our support has sadly fallen off since the new year and that needs to change. I am going to host a softball tourney in May which might help. Pray for us in this area as it another burden I would rather not have to consider. I know there are those out there who would want to be involved, I need to meet with them and share what is happening and how we are making a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home