Monday, February 19, 2007

He who began a good work...

I am sure we know the words that will finish this sentence. He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it. I was reminded of this verse this morning when I received an email from friends in Ohio.
As many of you know I spent close to four months in 2005 helping those displaced by hurricane Katrina. One of the precious families we met in Bayou La Batre were Robin and Holly, the Barbour family. They had lost so much including their home which had many feet of sewer water flood in. I had made a commitment to Robin that we would see them through the process all the way to getting them back into their home.

Many teams came with the COI ministry into the gulf coast area. Nearly each team that came in, either through myself or our staff, were taken to Robin's house to have them pray for her and her family and to meet them. Many teams also worked on this home either by stripping it down to its studs, replacing the flooring, taking out the wood floors piece by piece and bleaching them down, running new electrical, building a new porch or bringing words of hope and encouragement, and many other things.

The very first team we had in the gulf coast kept working and working, raising money and I believe totally adopted this family. They never gave up and recently returned for another mission trip to the Bayou. During their time they were able to complete Robin and Holly's home including furnishings and appliances. They were able to share a meal in this beautiful home.

My heart truly rejoices. God was faithful to complete what we had begun. God had honored my promise to this family even though I was not there to see the finished product.

I would like to thank each and every team that spent time either working on or praying for the Barbour family. You have all made a difference in this family. Most of all I thnak God for His faithfulness to see this project through to completion. The most wonderful thing though is that this is not the end of the relationship. I know that the Barbours have really connected with this team from Ohio and that they along with myself will continue to build a relationship with this family.

Praise the Lord!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scottie said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! PRAISE THE LORD FOR THIS NEWS!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home