Friday, June 15, 2007

Amazing talent

Today I had the privilege of listening to a young lady play piano and sing. Her voice was incredibly powerful and her piano playing was equally moving. She sang a worship song about trusing in God though she has never seen Him. She talked briefly about the worship song that was written out of incredible tragedy. She never wrote it yet she could identify with it.

You see the young lady that sang the song is named Becca. Becca is blind. She played the piano as if she could see it so clearly. She shared a bit of her story with me of how she has just finished her degree from Bible college and is looking for a job. She is happy to do office work or whatever else she can find. She is an inspiration.

I want you to realize like I was reminded today that God has given us each gifts. We can choose to make excuses not to use them or we can choose to use them and give glory to Him!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Wood!
I don't know if you remember me or not.... your wife may. My husband Tyler and I were on a mission trip with COI back in 1998. At that time, Tyler McCart and Amy Ellis. We met on that trip and have now been married for 7 1/2 years! The Lord has blessed us tremendously, especially with an incredible marriage!! Please send our love to your wife.... as we remember her, "Mama Ruth". And, wow!! It's hard to believe that the twins are now 20!!!!! WHOA!!!! They were only 10 when we met them!! It's amazing that it has been 10 years!

Be blessed!! :)

Amy McCart
amccart@ltdkate.com

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home