Friday, July 06, 2007

Update from camp

Well First Nations youth camp has come to a close and what a week it was. There were 30 teenagers at camp and it was such a blessing to get to know many of them and be reminded of the many challenges they face on a daily basis.
I had the privilege of being the speaker for the evening chapel services. The first night I spoke on risk from the story of Zaccheaus. The second night I spoke on the parable of the prodigal son with a focus on the heart of the father. The third night I spoke on the making of a mighty warrior and the story of Gideon from Judges 6. The final night I spoke on the battle being won by God through His servant Gideon.
One of the most special things for me personally was the new vision God gave me for the First Nation communities. I met teens from a number of new reserves and heard from them. I was moved in my spirit to get more involved in making a difference. I also got to spend some quality time with the new director of the camp and we have many of the same passions and views of ministry.
Lord willing in September Kevin, the new director, and I will be visiting all of the reserves that came to camp and planning some youth events for these teens. We also hope to be able to have a native youth rally to bring these teens and their friends back together again.
There is so much more I could say about this week but I wont take the time here. God was with us, we saw God move in the lives of many teens and wonderful new relationships were built. It was one of the most rewarding weeks I have had in ministry.
This coming week I have a mission team in from North Carolina. Their main focus is on doing a VBS program for children from two of our local reserves. There are still some logistics to finalize and I would appreciate your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home