Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Nehemiah...sharing how the hand of God is moving!! Part 7

Have you ever been a part of something where you can clearly look at it and say "this is the hand of God!!!"?

Over the last few weeks I can clearly say that I know and see the hand of God on what I am doing. I see the leadership team God has put in place for our native outreach. I receive the phone calls from people I do not know who are in need. I am asked by people I do not know to come on board and assist in their communities. I am seeing and sensing a move of God in my life and ministry.

Last night we had a meeting on one of our local reserves with our leadership team. We talked about how clearly we saw God raise up those around the table. We also talked about the reality of the outreach we are doing. It might sound cliche, but it is true. If we are going to see this ministry take off, we need to follow the Lord very closely. We need Him to bless us and give us continued wisdom and orchestrate events we could never do.

Nehemiah in 2:17-18, shows us the proper way to go about beginning to build a ministry/project or anything. He rallies people around a cause and also reveals to them how "the hand of God was upon Him!!" I love the response of the people, "Let us start rebuilding." The message was simple, we need to do this and God is with us!!!

I believe that if there are things the Lord has laid on our heart to do, we need to be able to show others that God is clearly "in it". If others can see God moving they will want to get on board. Conversely, if it is just a good idea maybe we need to evaluate our involvement. Often we are surprised when a good idea falls flat on its face, sometimes that is because it was not of God and sometimes it is not the right timing.

I am reminded of the story of a wise man in Acts named Gamaliel. The people brought accusation against Peter and some of the other apostles and wanted then persecuted. They brought them before Gamaliel who uttered these words, "Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if there purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men, you will only find yourself fighting against God."

May we all sense how and where God is moving!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, can clearly say that it is "the hand of God" working in my life. The opportunity to go down and help the less fortunate recover from hurricane Katrina in Louisianna was all orchestrated by the Lord. He planted the seeds some time ago and slowly opened the doors for a friend and I to go down and help. It is such a blessing to look back on how he works and moves within our lives. Some people may say that it is coincidental how things fall into place but we know that it is the Holy Spirit at work in our lives.

I will continue to pray for you and your native outreach. God Bless!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as an update for you and a praise note for me i want to tell you scott that i sense the hand of God moving on my behalf as well... without getting into a lot of details (we can chat on the phone for that) things are moving in the issue of my children... it is not necessarily how i pictured it, but it seems that God is preparing me for a pretty nice Christmas gift... praise His name... thanks always for your insights scott... i do appreciate them...

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home