Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Update on Susan...the prodigal

I talked with Susan yesterday on the phone and she has checked herself out of detox after five days. She was feeling like a failure for not completing the program. She was very discouraged.

Earlier in the afternoon I was talking with her dad and he shared with me that Susan had left detox. He asked me, "Is there any hope for her?", the answer is yes. With God there is always hope. What seems impossible with man is possible with God.

While I was talking with Susan I reminded her that we were going to stand by her. I reminded her that God loved her. I encouraged her to look at the positives, that she was able to go without her "pills" for five days. She was able to go without smoking for five days.

Later this week we will be taking Susan to see the womens recovery home where she could go after completing the detox program. I am doing this to help her visualize what help and opportunity is out there for her. Please continue to lift Susan before the Lord. She needs a miracle in her life. God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we could ask or think!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott:

Some update on my prodical. He has called his mother a few times and he almost came home this weekend. I am encouraged and praise God for the answer to prayer. He isn't all the way out of the woods but it is an indication that God is moving in his heart.

John

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home