Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nehemiah...knowing what God put in his heart Part 6

I just came from a meeting with a couple, where I was able to share what God had placed in my heart to do regarding native outreach to/with teens. I have spent months praying and writing down what God had placed within me on paper. I then had the first opportunity to really share the passion and the direction God has given me for this type of outreach. I have been burdened by this for over three years and the time is now right to begin.

I have shared this prompting in my heart with just a few people. I have known what God was stirring but I continued to wait on God. I could have started long ago, but I really needed to understand in my heart the condition of the teens and their hearts. I needed to get a proper perspective before taking the next step.

In Nehemiah, (2:11-16) we see that Nehemiah had not shared with anyone(with the exception of the king) what God had placed in his heart. He went and took a first hand look at the situation. He waited on God. He rode out alone to see te big picture.

We also understand that he did not even tell the people that were going to be doing the work what God was stirring in his heart. Why? I think it is possible that there would have been a number of people who would have said it couldn't be done. Others would have seen the size of the problem and not the size of God. Others would have told him how and what to do and when and where to start. Yet, Nehemiah wanted to hear straight from God.

I can tell you that it is not always easy to wait on God. Often times we tell other peole what we are going to do and then never follow through. Other times we think we should do something because it is a good idea. Other times people want to move forward at a much faster or slower pace than what God has intended.

I was talking with a young man today who shared that for the last two months he has felt the Lord leading him to start a Bible study for young men his age. He said, "I just can't get away from it." I know I need to do this." My encouragement was, if God is telling you to do it, do it!!!

What is it that God is stirring in your heart to do? Have you really prayed about it? If so, and you feel led, what are you going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home