Saturday, April 21, 2007

Down on the farm

I recently shared about a young lady I met who has been battling alcohol for some time now. I have been hoping to surround her with good people who can build her up.

On Tueday I drove Catherine out to visit friends of mine, Bruce and Charlotte. They have an animal farm and are wonderful people. As we all sat together in their living room, I could see Catherines countenance change. She saw real people, who genuinely care about people.

After we left and were on our way home Catherine said" I can't believe how nice they are." She was so excited to meet them. In fact Catherine is going to start helping them out at their farm.

This morning Catherine started helping out. She was so excited to be around the animals, to dig in the manure, to stand in the warm sunshine, to feel that people really do care about her. I am trusting God for a real move in her life, and for Catherine to see that it is possible to have fun and joy and it does not have to include alcohol.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home