Friday, April 13, 2007

Discipling and teaching on our First Nations

Over five years have passed since I first began to do ministry at our local First Nation Indian reserves. It has been filled with many wonderful times and at the same time with very challenging issues to deal with. Last night I had the privilege of launching a new ministry that I want to share.

I have been praying often about training new believers on the reserves and helping them to understand the heart of God and His Word. As we sat in the home of a new Christian last night, I took a look around. There in our circle were seven other people. One lady has been a Christian for a few years, four have been Christians for just a few weeks, and others are not yet believers. I was so thankful for God honoring my prayer and those of others to be involved in teaching the Word and making disciples!!

I love my work amongst the First Nation people. It is a cross cultural ministry!!! It is, for the most part,with unchurched people and most often with unevangelized people. It is so refreshing to be able to sit with people who really want to learn and have so many questions. It is so exciting to hear them pray, and to see the joy on their faces when they understand in their hearts what questions they have been feeling confused about.

We will be meeting once a week. We are trusting God for growth within our group and within the kingdom. We believe that within a short time we will need a bigger place to meet. We will be faithful to meet together and trust God for those we are praying for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
Maybe you've heard this song; I really like it:
"Little is much / When God's in it / No one can fathom the plans He holds / Little is much / When God's in it / He changes the world with the seeds we sow."

Amen.

p.s. Remember the size of Jesus' Kingdom (Isaiah 49:6).

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home