Monday, May 21, 2007

Identity crisis


After rising early 2:30 a.m., I headed to the airport in Melbourne, Florida to head back home after spending a week in leadership meetings at our COI HQ. It was a wonderful week and a long week all at the same time.
I arrived so early that the airport was not even open yet. That was a first for me, to have to wait outside at an airport at three in the morning. It actually was a neat experience to be in a place where it was so quiet.
After a short wait outside the doors were finally opened and I was allowed to come inside. Once again I was all alone, just me and a security person.
Then when I went through security the screener told me that she would need to see more ID than my drivers license. She wanted to know if I had a passport, which I did have. She said it was necessary. Interesting I thought!!!
As I think about that experience I reflect on my relationship with Christ. I know who I am, and I know that He knows me. My identity is in Him.
Whats interesting for me is that my passport photo and drivers license look completely different. In fact my drivers license is more recent and looks much more like me. Though the one she used to check me through was my passport.
So the question is: where is our identity found and does who we present really represent who we are.
Well they are calling me to board. Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home