Monday, February 18, 2013

Statistics

Maybe you are like me and you like to look at statistics. I love to look at hockey and baseball statistics because they tell me something about who is playing well and who is struggling. No matter what those stats show, it really has no impact on me except for my fantasy hockey league.

The statistics I am going to share these next few nights are not fantasy, they are reality. Those effected by these things are not living in a fantasy world, these numbers reflect real people living in a real world, a world that in reality is very, very cruel.

I want to talk about emancipated children. Emancipated children are those precious children that grow up in orphanages or group homes that age out and must leave the system in place for them. In countries like Canada  the results may not be as devastating as the overall numbers. But as I often say, the numbers don't lie.

Here is the first statistic:
There are 153 million children globally that are orphaned children.
For many of these children when they age out they are released with nothing. They have no training, no money, no family, no resources and no connections.

Put yourself in their position, how would you feel and what would you do, where would you go and who would you trust? I asked this question of our "Global Orphan Crisis" world changers this past week and we all agreed it would be incredibly challenging. None of us could imagine that could ever happen to. Our own children. It brought tears to our eyes as we thought about the implications.

Here is the reality, every day across this globe 38500 teens age out. Tomorrow I will be sharing the reality of what happens to these precious children. At the end of this week I am going to share how you can make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home